2. What personal data do we collect?
We may collect and store personal information about you when you visit our site or use our services. This includes the following information:
- When registering a free site: in order to use a free page4 website, we need a working email address and a user name which will become your part of your web address (URL). Once you have completed registration, a new account will be created with your desired web address, your email address will be stored there, and the password you entered will be stored encrypted. For security reasons, we will send a message to the email address you provided to verify your registration. This is for your protection. In addition, this is the only way we can send you status messages about your account. The email address will neither be passed on to others nor used to send newsletters. Once your free site is deleted, we will also irrevocably delete all associated data.
- As a visitor to our website www.page4.com: we only collect such data on our own website page4.com as is necessary to ensure the proper operation of this site and to combat any misuse of the site. The collected data is automatically deleted after 3 months. If you have any questions, please do email us: dataprotection[at]page4.com. The information we collect from visitors includes:
- Cookies on the page4.com: we use third-party services for advertising and analytics purposes on our own www.page4.com homepage and on all sub-domains. The providers we have contracted with may set third-party cookies and/or web beacons (counters) to ensure that you see relevant product ads while surfing. You can disable these third-party cookies, but this may restrict certain features on other sites.
- Comments on our blog articles: when visitors leave comments about individual blog posts, we store the time and that person's IP address in addition to the comment. This is for your own safety, in case written comments contain content which could have legal consequences (e.g. insult, slander, forbidden political propaganda, etc.). In these cases, we reserve the right to use the stored data to seek criminal prosecution, naturally taking into account the relevant laws and regulations.
- Log files: when you visit a page4 website, our servers automatically save the data sent by your browser, i.e. the request to load the page, your computer's IP address, your browser type, version, and language, as well as the date and time of the request. We need this information to analyze and maintain the technical operation of our servers and our network and to combat abuse. The collected data is automatically deleted after 3 months.
3. How and why do we store and process personal data?
As soon as you use one of our services or access our www.page4.com website, access data is collected and temporarily stored for technical and security reasons. We collect, process, and use personal data in order to provide our services. The extent to which the data is processed depends to a large extent on whether you merely visit one of our websites as a visitor or whether you use our page4 system to create your own website and are registered with us as a user.
We process, store, and use your personal data only to the extent necessary to process a possible contract between you and page4 Ltd., to provide you with the technical means to edit your page4 website, and for billing purposes. We only collect such data on our own website page4.com as is necessary to ensure the proper operation of this site and to combat any misuse of the site.
Personal data will be kept for as long as required by law or other regulations or as necessary for the conduct of our business activities.
Our cookies have hard-coded expiration dates, after which they are automatically deactivated, and the stored data is deleted.
Important note: as mentioned above, we use all data only for statistical evaluations, for technical reasons, and to guarantee the operation, security, and optimal operation of our products. However, we reserve the right also to examine such data at a later date if there is concrete evidence leading to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful use or activity.
Your personal data will be processed for various reasons and always in accordance with the data protection laws of the European Economic Area. We process data for the following reason:
- If you use our page4 software: in order for you to be able to use all of the features of our page4 site construction kit, the following measures which may require the storage or processing of personal data are necessary for technical or other reasons.
- Cookies when using your page4 website: when you log in, our system opens a session and sets a session cookie. This is a small file that is stored on your computer and contains information that page4 uses to ensure that you can edit your website at your leisure. There is a timer built into this cookie that is reset with every activity on your page4 website. As long as the timer has not expired, page4 knows that you are actively working on your website and ensures that the connection to our server is maintained in order to transmit and save changes made by you. If the cookie is deleted on your computer while you are editing your page4 website, the system will log you out immediately. You will then lose any data you have entered, since deleting the cookie invalidates the session and interrupts the database connection to our servers. You can set your browser to reject all cookies. In this case, proper operation of page4 is not guaranteed. As soon as you finish editing your page4 website, the cookie for this session will be automatically deleted. If you have set your browser to store access data such as user names and passwords, the input fields in the login screen of page4 will be filled automatically and you only need to click the login button. The login data supplied by your browser is managed by your browser and is not under our control.
- Information about the use of your page4 website: our servers automatically log data about the use of page4. On the one hand we record the activity, i.e. how often and when you log in, how much memory the uploaded images use, etc. On the other hand, statistical data is also collected, i.e. with which browser you log in, which operating system you use, the date and time you log in, the cookie ID, your IP address, and, if you come to our site via a partner link, the referring site's URL.
- Contact form messages: if you use contact forms on a page4 website, the messages are sent directly from our servers to the email address on file. Data will not be stored as this is not technically necessary.
- Guestbook: if you use a guestbook, the entries in the guestbook are stored in our databases. Depending on the setting, these messages appear immediately or only after you approve them for publication. As your site's administrator, you can delete individual or all entries at any time. This deletion is irrevocable and no data will be stored once deleted. As soon as an entry is written and sent by a visitor, we store the IP address, time, and the visitor's system data in addition to the entry itself. This data is stored as long as required by law and only passed on if we are legally obliged to do so.
If you delete the guestbook, the data will remain stored by us. This is to prevent you from deleting data unintentionally. You can make the data visible again at any time by creating a new guestbook. Currently, only one guestbook is possible, so that always the same data from the database is displayed, even if you create more than one guestbook. If you would like all entries to be deleted from the database after deleting a guestbook, please email our support team indicating the page you wish to have deleted. We will delete all data immediately and irrevocably after we review your rights to make such a request.
- SSL encryption: we use the free Let's Encrypt service to provide https encryption of page4 websites. The integration of SSL certificates allows encrypted data transmission. This is especially useful for an online shop. Likewise, any data that a visitor to your website provides, for example on a contact form, will be encrypted and thus protected from third-party access. For more information, visit the Let`s Encrypt website.
- If you visit our page4.com website: If you visit our www.page4.com website, we use certain services for various reasons and may also process personal data or forward the personal data to third parties. In this case the data protection regulations of the respective companies also apply. In detail, the following applications and functions are used:
You can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by activating an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting our website. We have already integrated this option for you, so all you have to do is click on this link Disable data collection by Google.
- Google Web Fonts:our website uses web fonts provided by Google to ensure that fonts are uniformly displayed. When a page is accessed, the required fonts are loaded from the Google server into the cache of the visitor's browser allowing text to be displayed correctly. You can find detailed information about Google Fonts at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq and also in Privacy Police.
- Google+: we also use a plug-in from Google+, the social network of Google Inc., USA, on our page4 website. You can tell by the +1 button against a white or colored background. If you have an account at Google+ and are logged in when you visit our website, Google collects personal data, including your IP address and processes it in the background. Because this information is transmitted directly from your browser to Google, we have no control over the scope of the data Google collects and transmits through its plug-ins. According to Google, however, no personal data is transmitted unless the corresponding button is clicked. On the Google Developer page you can read in detail under "Button Policy" about the data Google transmits.
4. Do we pass on personal data to third parties?
Your data is never sold to any third party. All data that we collect in the course of our services remains in our possession and is treated and deleted in accordance with legal regulations. Personal data will not be passed on without your consent, unless:
- • ... we are required by law to do so;
- • ... because it is needed in order to fulfil contractual services and/or to enforce rights and obligations arising from our terms and condition or from the contractual relationship between us and the users of page4;
- • ...we must rely on third-party services to deliver the service package offered. In such cases, it may be necessary to pass on your data.
Integration of third-party services: the integration of third-party services (videos from YouTube and others, Google Analytics, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or other services) almost always requires that these third parties receive your IP address. We endeavor to use only those services that use the IP address only to deliver data. However, we have no influence on the storage of this data. If known, we make reference to the terms and conditions of the respective providers.
Personal data will only be collected and used only if permitted by law or if its owner consents to its collection. Collected data will not be passed on unless we are legally obliged to do so or we are forced to use this data to exercise our rights.
It is also necessary to provide certain information in order to make the services available in connection with a paid page4 site.
Any data that is disclosed will concern both our own website and any website created with page4. The reasons for this are very different. Below is a list of these reasons
- If you use our page4 software: in order for you to be able to use all of the features of our page4 site construction kit, the following measures which may require the disclosure of your data to third-parties or third-party access to data are necessary for technical or other reasons.
- Domain registration: in order to be registered as the owner of a domain in the domain registry, your personal data will need to be disclosed to the respective registration authority. Depending on the registry, the scope of this data may differ. Below are the registries we use, where you can find out directly about the amount of data required:
.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz Domains: ICANN
A further note: if you make use of our services and, despite repeated requests, do not pay the corresponding fees, we reserve the right to use the personal data we have stored about you to enforce our rights and to transfer this data to third parties, i.e. an attorney, in order to enforce our interests. We also reserve the right to use this data in the event you breach our terms and conditions, in particular to support the authorities in their work. Please note that the internet is not a legal vacuum. If you have any questions, please contact us at: dataprotection[at]page4.com.
5. Which services and platforms do we work with?
In order to offer our customers and visitors an appropriate service, we cooperate with different companies and services. The following list of our partners and integrated services is only a current snapshot. If we use other partners or tools, we will of course add to this list as soon as possible.
- Facebook: Like and Share buttons. The provider is Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland. Below is the link to Facebook Privacy Statement.
Cookies can be disabled or removed using tools built into most browsers by default. However, editing a page4 website is not possible without cookies, as they will prevent you from creating a session on our servers and you will be logged out immediately after logging in. We do not store any personal data in the cookies.
7. What data protection options are available to you?
You have several options when it comes to our use of your data. Depending on your decision, certain services may not be available to you.
- Option regarding the collection of personal data
- Personal data: you may refuse the transmission of personal information to page4. In this case you can neither use a free version of page4, because we need your personal email address nor can you use a paid version, as this requires your name, address etc..
- Location and device information: your computer and browser collect information about your location and user data and may transmit it to page4. If you want to limit the transmission of this information, you can use the settings on your device and the software.
- Option regarding the use of your personal data
- Tracking by Google Analytics: we track the activities of our visitors. You can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by activating an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting our website. We have already integrated this option for you, so all you have to do is click on the link at the top in paragraph 3.
- Registration options:if you are a customer of ours, you can usually check and edit the personal data stored with us, provided they are not encrypted. To do so, you have to log into our website with your page4 website login. Note that you cannot change the email address on file, as it is used to log in. In addition, all passwords are encrypted. If you have forgotten your password, our system can generate a new password and send it to you. If you delete data such as email addresses from your account, all related data will be completely and irrevocably deleted after confirmation.
- Options for communication with us:if you have subscribed to our newsletter to receive information at irregular intervals, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions at the end of each newsletter. If you have subscribed to our blog, you can unsubscribe at any time with one click.
8. What rights do you have?
Subject to the restrictions set forth in the data protection laws of the European Economic Area, you have certain rights with respect to your personal data.
- Right to information, cancellation and blocking:You have the right to request information at any time about any of your personal data that is stored, including where it was collected from, who received the information, and why was it processed. You will receive this report free of charge. You also have the right to correct, block, or delete this information. We will process the information as soon as possible. As a rule, this is done by email. In order for us to provide you with the information you require, we need to know what information you are interested in. As soon as you have clearly identified yourself and we are confident your data will not fall into the wrong hands, we will send you the desired information, if available. For identification, we will need a copy of an official document with which you can identify yourself, such as your driving license or passport. If you have any questions, please do email us: dataprotection[at]page4.com.
9. How do we protect your personal data?
We take technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal data appropriately and to the extent technically feasible against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. In addition to data encryption, physical access restrictions for our computers and authorization controls for access to your data, we ensure that we keep all systems and software solutions up-to-date and use encrypted backups. You are responsible for the security and confidentiality of the passwords you use for your page4 website and your inboxes. It is also your responsibility to check that the personal data stored by us is correct and up to date. We are not under any circumstances liable for incorrect information you have provided.
Last updated: May 23, 2018
Validity of this data protection agreement.
This data protection agreement is effective immediately and is valid until further notice. Some parts of this agreement are subject to change at any time, particularly with regard to third parties. If any such changes would significantly restrict your rights, we will notify you by email or on our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, either by email at dataprotection[at]page4.com or by post addressed to page4 Corporation. 39 Village Circle, App. 10, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA.